By nature, humans are visual beings and we’re attracted to images of all shapes and sizes, a fleeting image is far more likely to have an impact on a consumer’s mind than reading a flyer or audio advertising – Radio. In today’s digital world 94% more total views on average are attracted by content containing compelling images than content without images.
Our brains have been wired to react more proactively to imagery and therefore outdoor advertising is an extremely effective marketing tool for small and medium businesses and has numerous benefits. This cost effective form of advertising reaches a mass audience on a daily basis. Since people are spending more time in their vehicles, outdoor advertisement is a highly visible form of marketing and commands commuters attention.
If we were to use statistical data to analyze the impact that wrap advertising has on consumer mindsets, it showcases a very positive outlook for the future of the industry as it provides:
- According to the Interstate Advertising Corporation, 74 percent of motorist are positively influenced by companies and products advertised on trucks. Also, the American Trucking Association states vehicle advertisements generate more than 600 visual impressions for every mile driven.
- Over 30% of consumers recall billboard advertisements without being prompted.
- Mobile billboards through the use of vehicle wraps for promotion offer one of the most effective advertising tools in todays’ market with a 97 per cent recall rate.
- Fleet vehicle advertising boosts name recognition 15 times greater than any other form of advertising.
Transit advertising has grown to be the second largest segment of the outdoor advertising industry in terms of dollars spent representing 19% (as of 2003). The Outdoor Advertising industry has nearly doubled since 1993 from $1.19B to $2.09B in 2003. These numbers continue to grow each year.
- Eight out of ten Americans report they have walked in a town, city or downtown area, on average 6.1 miles in a week. This pedestrian traffic represents a significant opportunity for advertisers.
- More than 95% of Americans are reached by media targeting vehicle drivers and passengers.
- The average American has traveled 302 miles in a week.
- One vehicle wrap can generate between 30,000 – 70,000 impressions daily.
- Mobile advertising can be the most effective and efficient form of outdoor advertising, reaching more consumers at a lower Cost Per Thousand Impressions (CPM) than any other form of outdoor advertising.
Words may be hollow but statistics don’t lie, the outreach, recall and cost effectiveness of wrap advertising is by far greater than more traditional methodologies. At KNAM Media Group! We help brands to gain exposure and drive sales by providing the finest wrap advertising solutions for our clients.